Friday, 11 October 2013

Evaluation, Audience Feedback and Web Publishing


Sinead Miller

Task three: Web Publishing, Audience Feedback and Evaluation

My article was based on the topic of downloading music illegally. I started it by writing some of the views of some popular artists. I thought this would be good because the public are always interested in what the rich and famous have to say. The majority of my research came from the popular newspaper ‘The Guardian’ and the internet. I think I was successful in summarising what the artists were saying, however, in the future, I could widen the amount of research I do. I could look in other magazines that are similar to mine, used an online encyclopaedia or different forums.

 

I kept my journalist writing formal and relevant, but think my writing skills could have been improved by knowing my target audience better so that I could relate to them. I was aiming to write to write to a younger generation, people in their late teens to late 20’s. I could have used some anecdotes that were more relevant, so that they could relate better to them. This would have also given a better connection between the audience and the magazine. To improve my writing, I am going to read more Magazines so that I am familiar with their language and idiolect.

 

This is the first project I have done using InDesign. I have found the basic skills easy to learn and remember. I can easily import and export texts and photos, and change the image and ethos so that it will be appropriate to the style and image I was trying to display. I need to use InDesign more often so that I will be able to use it as effectively as possible.

If I want my final design to be an improvement, I need to become more familiar with the software, and I think it will be useful to understand some of the terms used, so that I will be able to make full use of it. I also want to know some shortcuts so that I can minimise the amount of time I waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment